Off:不在,离开
I am off today. 我今天不用上班。
We are off today. 今天我们不开张。
She lives off campus. 她住在校外。
I want to move off campus. 我要搬出去,在校外住
Off my sofa. 从沙发上下来。
tidy up:收拾好,整理好。
I tided up the report before handing it in. 我把报告整理好再呈交。
When you cook, could you please tidy up after yourself. 请你在做饭时随手收拾干净。
To tidy (up) a room/a cupboard/papers/your hair. 整理房间/碗柜/文件/头发。
tidy作形容词时有三个意思。第一个意思是“整齐的,整洁的,井然有序的,井井有条的(arranged neatly and with everything in order)”。另一个意思是“爱整洁的,爱整齐的(keeping things neat and in order)”。第三个意思是“高额的,可观的(a tidy amount of money is fairly large)”。
tidy sth away:收拾好,拾掇起。
Can you tidy away your clothes, please. 请你把衣服收拾起来行吗?
leave:不立刻做,不马上处理(to not do sth or deal with sth immediately)。
Leave the dishes-I’ll wash them up later. 盘子先搁着吧——我等会儿再洗。
Why do you always leave everything until the last moment? 你怎么什么事都留到最后一刻才处理?
leave:把…留交,交托,委托(to allow sb to take care of sht)。
You can leave the cooking to me. 你可以把做饭的事交给我。
She left her assistant in charge. 她委托助手来负责。
Leave it to me-I’m sure I can sort it out. 把这事留给我吧——我一定会解决的。
Where shall we eat? I’ll leave it entirely to you. 我们上那儿去吃?全交给你来决定好了。
Let me do it:让我来做吧。
Wrong:错误的。
I got all the answers wrong. 我的答案全错了。
He was driving on the wrong side of the road. 他开车行驶在道路的逆行一侧。
You’re holding the camera the wrong way up! 你把照相机拿反了!
That picture is the wrong way round. 那幅画挂反了。
Wrong(Mistaken) about sth/sb: 搞错,出错
You were wrong about Tom; he’s not married after all. 你把汤姆情况弄错了,他根本没结婚。
We were wrong to assume that she’d agree. 我们错误地以为她会同意。
Correct me if I’m wrong: 我若错了请你纠正。
Confuse A and/with B:(将…)混淆,混同。
People often confuse me and my twin sister. 人们常常把我和的孪生妹妹搞错。
Be careful not to confuse quantity with quality. 注意不要把数量和质量搞错。
In sb’s capable, safe etc. hands: 由可信的人负责(或处理等)。
Can I leave these queries in your capable hands? 我是否能请你这个能手来解答这些疑问?
In hand: 在手头,可借利用;在掌握中,在控制中;正在处理中;(按月,周等)领取工资。
In the hands of sb / in sb’s hands: 受某人照料,被某人控制。
The matter is now in the hands of my lawyer. 这件事正由我律师处理。
At that time, the castle was in the hands of my lawyer. 那时城堡在敌人手中。
In our hands, Cy5 labelling is less efficient than Cy3 labelling and requires more input RNA.
Put down:放下,搁下。
Put the cases down there, please. 请把箱子放(搁)在那边。
Put on:放在…上边。
Put the glass on the table. 将杯子放在桌子上。
Put it where it belongs. 放回原处。
Put:填写,记下
Put your name here. 请在这里填上名字。
Friday at 11? I’ll put it in my diary. 星期五11点?我要把它记在记事本里。
I couldn’t read what she had put. 她写得什么我辩认不出来。
Put:说,表达
Put simply:简单地说
Put simply, we accept their offer or go bankrupt. 简单地说,我们要么接受他们的条件,要么破产。
Put it another way:换个说法
He was too trusting-or, to put it another way, he had no head for business. 他太轻信人了——或者换个说法,他没有商业头脑。
How shall I put it ? 怎么说呢?
The meat was-how shall I put it?-a little overdone. 这肉嘛,怎么说呢,做得稍微老了点。
Put a name to sb/sth: to know or remember what sb/sth is called 知道….的名字;记住的…称呼。 I recognize the tune but I can’t put a name to it. 我听过曲子,但我记不起或想不起它叫什么。
柜子
Wardrobe:衣柜,衣橱,[英国]放置衣物的壁橱
Cabinet:贮藏柜,陈列柜。Kitchen cabinet橱柜,medicine cabinet药柜。
Cupboard:橱柜;食物柜;衣柜;[英国]壁橱(相当于[美国] closet)。kitchen cupboard厨房用的橱柜。